Monday, November 06, 2006

Man.... you can't make this stuff up...

So silly little me is sitting down to read some of the 'odd news' happening around the world while eating my breakfast and what do I come across but this.

Now I understand that people have compulsions so it isn't unheard of for someone to lay about naked in public, nor is it unheard of for someone to masturbate in public. Of course I haven't heard of both happening at the same time but I'm sure it is not a first. The real twist is the concealed weapon.

I know, I know... What made the cop ask if the gentleman in question was concealing a weapon? Force of habit...? Professional demeanour....? Personal experience...?!? Whatever the reason he had the forethought to ask and (hopefully) to his surprise the man informed them that he had a screwdriver concealed on his person...

Ok, yes he had just recently gotten out of prison and it can be tough to get back on your feet and figure out the appropriate behaviour and reactions to situations in public (well as far as I can gather anyway) but I am willing to bet that laying around naked, with an ice pick (yes, turns out it was an ice pick wrapped in electrical tape and not a screw driver) in your rectum, masturbating is not even a normal occurrence in prison. Why he thought it was appropriate to do out in public is anyone's guess.

Besides which, the makeshift shiv hidden in the rectum.....? Seems a little cliché to me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, recent history with the ink stained wretch portion of the media seems to imply the possability of the news being made up is more prevalent than your would be lead to believe. There are clear incidents of not only misquoting or erroneous reporting, but baldface fabrications being published, not to mention the "Article" in the Toronto Star recently that was mostly fiction that slipped through from a new outside writer.

This one may be real, but the press has grown steadily shoddilier as the interweb dissemeniation has made print papers less and less relevant.

Paper Monkey said...

Ah too true... the printed word (as far as news is concerned) is good for little else these days but wrapping up fish and covering over the homeless so as to present a nice view for the out of town guests. It's a shame really... no longer can you sit on your couch and blacken your fingers with the events of the world. Now you have to sully your mind by trying to verify things on the interweb that you just sullied your fingers reading in print.

Dick said...

Capitalist Thug.

Isn't it just more fun to think that it really happened?

Don't take away the laughter, Thug. Don't take away the laughter!

Dick said...

P.S.

I acidentally typed in this http://www.paperjungle.blogpsot.com/ and what a shock did I get!

Anonymous said...

Dick,

You know me, always tearing down the walls i am, in this case, the wall i am tearing down is the medias ability to fabricate truth and turn us all into sheeps.

CT